Monday, June 27, 2016

Only For The Week: Part 21

All of the songs on this segment is gathered in a Spotify playlist, you can find it here

The Classic: Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon

Ozzy is one of few main vocalists that has succeeded in leaving the band, and had as much success in his solo career. The album trio "Blizzard of Ozz", "Diary of A Madman", and "Bark At The Moon" are some amazing albums by the bat eater.

"Bark At The Moon" is simply a kick ass song, mostly thanks to the riffs and solos of guitarist Randy Rhoades. I really hate that he left this world as soon as he did, because who knew what kind of amazing songs he would have written. Just listen to that ending solo, just listen to it! It does not get much better than that. Oh, and Ozzy is great as a howling wolf man.



The New(ish)comer: Vektor - LCD (Liquid Crystal Disease)

I feel like this next line will give me some enemies, so here goes nothing.

*takes a long, deep breath*

"Terminal Redux" was good. Not amazing but good.

This album has been a lot of people's early favourite for album of the year, and I simply can not get into the hype. "Terminal Redux" has a ton of great qualities, like amazing riffing, sweet technicality, and a lot of courage (a 1 hour and 13 minute concept album is not common around the thrash woods), but the production and those hurting vocals makes it hard for me to listen to the band. I still enjoyed the album a lot, but it will not even come close to my top 20 list of this year.

I still feel like it is my duty to at least include them to this playlist, so here you all have "LCD (Liquid Crystal Disease)", a fantastic technical song that is groovy, thrashy, and simply kick ass. It may not be a band fully made for me, but these guys have a bright future ahead of them.



The Personal Favourite: Megadeth - Good Mourning/Black Friday

I really do not understand why this amazing song from "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" does not get the recognition it deserves. This is exactly what you want in a thrash metal song, a speedy riff monster that never seems to end. Sure, the lyrics are kind of primitive, but they fit, and when you stand there banging your head frenetically, you simply do not pay any attention to them anyway. A piece of meat I will gladly hang up all 7 days a week.



Stay Metal!
Robert "Sharkruisher" Andersson

No comments:

Post a Comment