Monday, February 29, 2016

Only For The Week: Part 4

Here I am, delivering another "Only For The Week", the day after my dear Liverpool Football Club lost on penalties in the league cup finale. But you guys probably do not care about that at all, so I will just go on and present the last OFTW of this Febuary. Its been a good week, lots of metal being released, and my keys are hot from my frantic typing. Anyway, here it is, enjoy.

All of the songs on this segment is gathered in a Spotify playlist, you can find it here

The classic: Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

What would a metal playlist be without the track that more or less started it all. While there are songs in the Black Sabbath discography that I think are better, there is no other song that has had the same impact and meaning to metal in general. Those evil riffs, the demonic drumming, the looming bass, and of course, the menacing vocals of Ozzy Osbourne all ties together to a horrific track that set something that is larger in life in motion, and we are forever thankful to these legends.

Check out my review of the album this track is from, "Black Sabbath"



The newcomer: Anthrax - Evil Twin

This is Anthrax to the freaking bone, a frantic, riff filled, meaty sandwich that you just want more of. The new guitarist Donais works perfectly with Scott Ian to create a awesome track that ties together the old and new Anthrax. And then we have Joey Belladonna, who does not at all sound like he is 55 years old, doing a great performance. Ladies and gentlemen, the best band of the Big 4 nowadays!

Check out my review of the album this track is from, "For All Kings"



The personal favourite: Scar Symmetry - Quantumleaper

"Holographic Universe" is an amazing album, and I can still remember the first time I listened through it. When "Quantumleaper" started playing, I was star struck by that groovy "du-du-du dun-dun" riff. It is still up to this date one of the catchiest riffs I have ever heard, and it is one I can listen to for days without getting tired of it. The rest of the song? It kicks just as much ass. Every band member delivers a flawless performance, making this a amazing highlight of a amazing album. Go get it now!



(somehow, I couldn't find the song, so here's the full album where it comes from :))

Stay Metal!
Robert "Sharkruisher" Andersson

No comments:

Post a Comment