Monday, June 13, 2016

Only For The Week: Part 19

The concert season is under way, and we metal heads just get spoiled with tons and tons of amazing acts that are out to entertain or to promote their new album. Iron Maiden is one of those bands right now, doing "The Book of Souls World Tour" as we speak, and on Friday, they make their only stop in Sweden, and guess who's attending! This will be my second Maiden concert (would have been my third if it wasn't for the weather gods in 2010), and I know that they will not disappoint. They are Iron Maiden, how could they fail?

In honor of these giants coming to Sweden, I will add three new songs to the Only For The Week play list, all Iron Maiden songs. Up The Irons!

All of the songs on this segment is gathered in a Spotify playlist, you can find it here

The Classic: Iron Maiden - The Trooper

How do one prepare for a show like this? By chugging beer of course, and not just any beer, but The Trooper ale. I guess that music works fine too, and "The Trooper" certainly gets the job done, with its frenetic riffing, epic wailing, and fast pace. It also gives us a nice history lesson, about the battle of Balaclava in 1854. Who needs school when you have Iron Maiden!



The (sorta) Newcomer: Iron Maiden - The Red And The Black

Out of the entire set list the band is gonna play on Friday, I am looking the most forward to "The Red And The Black", not only because it is my favourite song from "The Book of Souls", but because I know that the fans will be engaged, and sing their lungs out with the sing along friendly parts, making Gothenburg echo through the night. 13 minutes of ecstasy that is sure to be one of many reasons to attend. I can already feel the goosebumps on my skin!



The Personal Favourite: Iron Maiden - Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Yes, I know that most of the set list will rely on the new album and some of the classics, but there are
tons of songs in the Maiden discography that I would have loved to hear live, one being the ultra epic "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns". It probably is hard for it to squeeze itself into the play list ever again since there are a lot of songs like this one, long, epic, and with a killer sing along part, but I really don't care, I want it, because it freaking rocks.



Stay metal!
Robert "Sharkruisher" Andersson

No comments:

Post a Comment