1. Band name and album title clearly visible on the cover.
2. The cover should give a picture of the albums story (if it has any).
3. If the band has a mascot or emblem that appears on merch, shows and other occasions then it should be in the cover as well (not a requirement).
4. The album should be full with details and extras.
5. The album does not have to be colorful but an album with only one or two colors is not favorable.
No more explanations of what a good album cover is, let us see the best covers of 2012.
15. Battle Beast - Steel
14. Overkill - The Electric Age
13. Accept - Stalingrad
12. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending To Infinity
11. Firewind - Few Against Many
10. Rage - 21
9. Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
8. Mustasch - Sounds Like Hell, Looks Like Heaven
7. Destruction - Spiritual Genocide
6. Black Majesty - Stargazer
5. Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
4. Sparzanza - Death Is Certain, Life Is Not
3. Adrenaline Mob - Omertá
2. Jorn - Bring Heavy Rock To The Land
And the winner is drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
1. Grave Digger - Clash of The Gods
Why is Grave Digger the winner? Well it is pretty simple, it got everything I want in a perfect album. Great color scheme, the reappearing skeleton, the band name and album title and last, but not least, an clear image of what the album is all about, Greek mythology. Also love the fact that they put Medusa hair on the skeleton. Such a great album cover, without a doubt the best one of 2012.
Which cover is your favourite? And which cover was the worst from 2012?